Friday, September 22, 2017

Great News!!

So, on Friday September 15th at my last visit with Dr. Lu ( my oncologist), he told me that my PET scan was terrific! My lung is clear and things seem to be moving along the way we want them to. He did caution me that I am at high risk for return or spread of the cancer one to two years from diagnosis. So we need to monitor closely.

On September 19, at my appointment with my radiation doctor, he said nothing at all lit up in the PET. there is no sign of the cancer at all! But, again, I need to be checked and monitored closely so we catch any recurrence quickly. Did I tell you they determined by the size of the tumor when they removed my lung that the cancer had probably been growing in there for 10 years?

I have a CAT scan scheduled for the first of December and a mammogram for next week.

Thank you to all of you who continue to pray and send good wishes my way. We know in our hearts all that love and concern made a difference. I can never repay you all or explain how grateful we are. you changed our lives and we are very grateful!!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Your news just made my whole day, week, month...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!👍 Happy dancing! Such a great news! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of this! I'm also so happy your doctors aren't just stopping the watch. Being proactive to keep on it makes everyone feel better! Such great great news!!! <3

    ReplyDelete