Monday, January 9, 2017

The Wedge

Mark and I traveled over to Seattle last week and I had the wedge surgery on Tuesday. It went well.

We checked into Swedish at 5:30 a.m. and they did the procedure about 7:30. The surgeons used small instruments that they controlled through a video monitor to cut out the wedge of lung and then retrieve it. It made the procedure much less invasive.
At the end they inserted a chest tube, The job of the tube is to help keep the lung inflated and  to drain anything like extra blood from the incisions. It stayed in until an hour before they discharged us on Wednesday.

 We spent one night in the hospital and Mark got to stay in the room with me. Everything went fine. I had very little pain at all and I am healing up really well.

We still do not know what the stuff is/was. But it is gone from my chest now.

Once again I want to thank those who continue to stay in touch with me; who send me tests, or e-mails, or comment on this blog. Some days that contact is what keeps me going. It certainly brightens any day that a friend gets in touch. I know you are all busy with your personal and professional lives, so your reaching out means the world to us! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear it was mostly in and out and that you're pain free!! You are strong my friend!! The end is getting closer and this will all become just a memory. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that all went well and that you are feeling alright! Hope you had nice holidays with family. Thinking of you often! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good to hear from you again!! We are glad that you have made it through another step in your recovery and that you are recovering from the surgery. I know it was no little thing, yet you manage to write so objectively as to make the surgery seem less than it was. Strong lady!! Thinking of you....as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear strong friend....I send you good strong thoughts everyday. I'm glad you have always been amazing.....you just keep getting better! Big hugs..much love.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard any news in a while. I am guessing you are pretty busy working hard on your recovery. Just know I think about you everyday and send all my good wishes your direction.

    ReplyDelete