Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Real Radiation Machine

This is my radiation machine:



First I get into one of those lovely hospital gowns before they take me into the radiation room. There I lay on the bed, grab the handles at the top, and shimmy myself down into the impression pillow of my upper body so that everything fits. Then the techs rubber band my feet and push a little here pull a little there so that I am all lined up with the coordinates for the radiation.

When they have my body all adjusted just the way they want, the techs leave the room (and tell me to wave at them if anything feels wrong).  The bed then slides up to the machine and does a little back and forth dance until it lines itself up correctly.

The arms on the machine lower themselves down and they rotate around. There is a little buzzing and beeping and the big round arm stops a little sideways of my chest and blasts in the radiation. The rotation and the radiation happens twice. Once The techs leave and the machine starts it takes about 10 minutes. I didn't feel a thing (except one of my arms went to sleep rom being above my head so long).

Modern Medicine is just amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Still praying Kathy, sending you a hug in my mind.❤️I hope you are feeling strengthened with love of family, friends, and God because.... you are!!! So brave you are too, wow! You can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete