Sunday, September 25, 2016

My awesome oncologist

The gentleman in the pink is Dr. Lu. He will be my oncologist.
He is, pardon my french, frickin awesome! He spent an hour and a half with Mark and I on Friday. His honesty scared us a bit, but certainly left us better informed and in lots of ways reassured.

A couple of good things:
1. I do not have small cell cancer - that is the worst.
2. Biopsies and such are just samples, which is part of the reason why I have been told since March that this mass was not cancer. You have to grab just the right place sometimes to see the cancer. My last biopsy, on the 13th, took core samples and that was what made the difference. Anyway... nothing they have seen or sampled has indicated that this thing is malignant.
3. The mass does not appear to have grown since the first CT scan in March. They only took one measurement at that time, but that place was the same size in September.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to be able to read how you are doing. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. You have the same oncologist as my mom and she loves him too! :)

    ReplyDelete