Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My docs at Swedish


   The famous Dr. Aye, who will do the mediastinoscopy
( an incision in my chest) if they need to tomorrow. If I am so lucky as to get to do a lung re-section somewhere down the line, he will also be that surgeon. Caring, compassionate, and very humane. He is the one that said, "Stage 3A is curable. Let's make sure you are one of those."
  This is Dr. Gilbert - he is the one that will do the initial biopsy; using a needle(endobronchial untrasoound) to try and get to the suspect lymph nodes.Really, really nice guy.

We think we are in very good hands.

6 comments:

  1. Being confident in your surgeons is a great thing!! Will be thinking of you!! I like his comment that it's curable and you of all people will beat this I have no doubt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your docs sound wonderful, and I'm so happy to hear that you are in such great hands! I wish I could send them a message though...just to communicate how important and incredible you are to so many of us. You are a VIP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the information. We all need to hear all of it. I'm so glad you are in such good hands and I am keeping you in my prayers and sending hugs to you. You are one of the strongest women I know...you've got this Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that the docs at Swedish are awesome - I knew they would be! Get your skinny butt back here soon because you are SO MISSED!
    Hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  5. very good hands indeed!!! I love this blog! You are one amazing lady!! You got this!! #fightingforkathy Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - let's make sure you are definitely one of those!

    ReplyDelete