Wednesday, October 19, 2016

1st Chemo and it went amazingly well!

  This is me, obviously, in my chemo chair, which felt a little like a throne. I sat here for probably 5 hours today. It reclined and was actually pretty comfortable.

  This is the chemo machine. It pumped 5 anti-nausea drugs into my blood through the port and boy did they work well. I didn't have even the teeniest bit of nausea all day and even yet tonight!
Then it spent 4 hours pumping two cancer fighting drugs through the port into my bloodstream. The port work wonderfully and we are counting on those drugs to start shrinking that tumor today.  Martha Sandusky told me to think of the chemo as a "Cancer Killing Potion" so we are!

I had incredible company with me today and I will blog about that tomorrow. It was honestly a wonderful, wonderful day but I am starting to fade and think it is time to get in bed.

  But I didn't want to end with-out a big thank you to my friend Pete and his beautiful daughter McKenna. Aren't those terrific smiles? They brought us a fresh baked pasta dish, salad (I may have just gotten my vegetable quota in today!), Texas Toast, and Pumpkin cookies for dessert.
Thanks to them I am going to bed with a full stomach and an even fuller heart.

1 comment: