Monday, October 3, 2016

Depends on how you look at it

So, Dr. Aye called me today at noon with the pathology results from the 2 procedures I had done at Swedish. Poor man was on vacation and I felt bad for him.
One set of the lymph nodes did contain cancer.
The two in the center of my chest which I was hopeful would not. He says, quote "We likely got all of it during the mediastinoscopy". I am choosing to see that as a positive.

Dr. Aye's recommendation is to do 6 weeks or so of chemotherapy and then  surgery.

He made the pathology reports immediately available to Dr. Lu and I called his office to set that in motion 10 minutes after I hung up the phone from Dr. Aye. If things go well and the reports come through quickly, I can see Dr. Lu Friday at 10.

Dr. Aye said I need to keep up my fitness and my nutrition. If you ever want to take a bike ride with me, walk in the park, walk the fence line of your school during lunch, or have other ways you like to get and share exercise, please call or text me.

  I didn't have another picture today so I will finish with my Swedish caregivers: this was my prep nurse. He had a quiet and quite funny manner. Mark and I both were intrigued when he told me to take off all my clothes and put on the gown, bootees and "oh yes, I will give you the Swedish version of Victoria's Secret panty lingerie". I didn't take a picture... I will let you use your imagination.

Kiss your loved ones and count your blessings - we really are  surrounded by them, you know.
As always, I am so grateful for your prayers and the communications you send my way that buoy me up every single day!

3 comments:

  1. Let get this started so we can kick it nice and hard and move on with things!! (((((Hugs))))) xoxoxo now to get you a magic table...... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, Kathy! I just love your attitude. :)

    ReplyDelete