Saturday, October 8, 2016

possible schedule

As you can imagine, Mark and I were a little thrown by the brain MRI. As a result, we think we wrote the schedule for next week correctly, but we will be calling Monday to make sure. Here is what we think is happening:
* Monday was supposed to be the MRI, but Dr. Lu got us in earlier, so that is a "Free Day".
* Tuesday he takes my case to Tumor Council. He and Dr. Aye are pretty sure of the course they want to take, but Dr. Lu says sometimes there is an idea, a thought from the multi-disciplinary team that can be helpful.
Also on Tuesday Mark and I will meet with the doctor that Dr. Lu recommends as our radiationist.
* Wednesday I get my port implanted. That is a simple in-and-out surgery.

Once they know the best strategy for shrinking that cancer blob as quickly as possible, I have to have a "Chemotherapy Education session", which we hope can be Thursday.

Dr. Lu hopes I will be able to have my first dose of either radiation or chemo on Monday the 17th or Tuesday the 18th.

And Friday we may go to Seattle to have my hair cut off. Lori Sportelli, bless her big, kind heart, shared a company that will cut your hair and make it into a wig. So you have your own color, your own hair and you don't have to figure that issue out.

I can't resist posting this: The MRI  got delayed yesterday after we were already checked in; there was an emergency; some poor person worse off than me by a long shot. We were getting restless watching another dissection of the Donald-Hillary debacle so a nice elderly volunteer showed me how to change the channel.

  I got to watch my Red Sox and since we were the only ones in the waiting room, we didn't even feel the need to be quiet!

3 comments:

  1. We love your posts as we are following very closely...
    Love the idea of a wig from your own hair!! My stylist also works with chemo patients. Let us know if there is anything we can do when you are over here. We send our love and prayers....Hugs, Daune

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and hoping the week goes as planned and it's a positive one. We're praying for you everyday at school. Love ya! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has anyone ever told you that you are a remarkable writer...well you are😊

    ReplyDelete