Sunday, October 30, 2016

Hair Cut and wig

  This is Kurt, who cut my hair last Wednesday.  Notice the smiley faces covering the mirror - I was not Brave Heart that day. Anton, Kurt's father, is fro Austria. It was he who taught Kurt about wig-making, and Anton looks right out of the Heidi movie; he didn't wear lederhosen, but you could easily picture him in them. And he still  had a beautiful accent.

Kurt and his father run Anton's Hair Company. Primarily, they do cranial prothesis' (wigs) for chemo patients. We had quite a talk the day he cut my hair. The history of how far we have come dealing with chemo and how a patient feels about him/herself affects the road to recovery is fascinating. My sister, who took me - I'd NEVER been able to do this alone - have totally admiration these two men for their commitment to people like me and Lori Sportelli. Two women came I to make appointments while we were there and at least another called.

And yet, Kurt worked into the night so we could get on the road as  early as possible Thursday and I would not have to wait for the mail to deliver me back my hair (and piece of my identity). Angels on earth these guys are!!

The CP is my safety net, and I know some people will need to see be wear it - but Mark and I are kind of liking the buzz cut. I now understand why so many guys do it. I never wear a hat around the house, although I never go out without one...yet.  I've about decided I may adopt a Camille Cosby, Sinead O'Connor look - big fat Alicia Keyes ethnic earrings, scarves, and buzz cut even when the chemo lets the hair grow back.

Maybe

Thank you again. I never grow tired of your comments, your texts, and all your prayers and karmic wishes are soo, so appreciated. Love to you all!

12 comments:

  1. Kathy, you are held closely in my thoughts and prayers. You're beautiful, you're strong, you're brave, and you're loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, you look your same amazing self! Kathy, you are one of the strong and (gasp!) sexy women in my life. I hope you know what a great example you put out there for the rest of us. TRYING!!!! You are BA girlfriend (beautiful and amazing), and I think your next career will be inspirational speaking. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you would put Camille Cosby and Sinead O'Conner to shame! And you could totally rock the big dangly, hoopy earrings and splashy colorful scarves. Think of you daily and so happy to see that smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Takes my breath away yet again to see you bravely take on all these steps. You are journaling a journey many of us either have walked or will walk someday. Isn't it amazing to go back to the first posts and see all that you have accomplished?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could almost hear Kurt's accent and voice as I read your post😊.
    You've got a crowd cheering you on Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy,

    Seth gave me your blog link today, so this is my first view of it. Thank you so much for putting this out for all of us to follow along. I'm so sorry to hear about this, but I'm praying for you and know your going to do awesome! My mom had cancer for about years when I was young, so I know it can be hard road, I love your positive attitude about all of this! Looking forward to our next cadre when you are up to it. Marc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy- Love your positivity! Just love your attitude. You're getting lots of prayers and strength from my family to yours. ❤️ Natalie F

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy your are the most beautiful women! Fiesty, fun, honest and radiant!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shop Lori's Wigsite for a great selection of top name brand wigs. Browse our fabulous selection of high quality wigs made with the best cap constructions by the most popular wig brands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject.
    gelis plaukams

    ReplyDelete
  11. The most common reason that wigs become noticeable is that many customers keep the longer than they should. Listed below are a few things that you can do to keep your wigs as natural as possible for as long as you can.
    synthetic lace front wigs

    ReplyDelete